Because every student learns differently and has different needs and gifts, it is important to consider whether this program will help bring out the best in your student. To be successful with the correspondence courses, your student needs to...
- be at least 11 years old and working at a 6th-grade level or higher
- be able and willing to read instructional material of 2,000-3,000 words/lesson and complete a written, typed assignment.
- understand basic grammar/mechanics concepts and be able to write grammatical sentences with ease (for the writing courses).
- be able to follow written directions completely.
- be willing to interact with a teacher via email and video chat.
- be willing to accept constructive criticism and revise written work--possibly multiple times.
- be skilled with Google apps or be willing to learn.